Complete Information About Different Research Methods For Assignment Writing
One of the requirements of university education is to submit thoroughly analysed assignments. Students are expected to curate papers which include content backed up by scientific and reliable research. It is mandatory for students to carry out a thorough investigation before initiating each assignment writing project.
To carry out this research, the investment of time is essential. Students can, therefore, clear their schedule and select one of the ensuing research techniques for their assignment writing UK projects:
- Building on the existing data: For day to day assignments, students can use information already made available to them. Individuals can consult the research journals in their current fields to gather reliable data which can be integrated into their assignments. This time-saving approach provides a detailed account of the subject matter and further allows the student to create the assignment using only hard facts.
When using this form of research for the assignment project, it is imperative to give credit to the original researcher by inserting in-text citations and adding references.
- Case study: A case study is a longitudinal method of research which is expedient for assignments which are assigned months in advance. For a case study, the student selects a particular company, individual or a subject area and comprehensively studies each aspect of it with meticulous details. Case studies provide qualitative and quantitative data, which can add immense value to the assigned project. Another advantage of the case study method is its versatility. Students can take charge of the research and create it in their manner. An opportunity to discover something new is present in this style of data collection and research.
- Survey/ Questionnaires: For fields of social science, humanities and psychology, surveys and questionnaires are the finest methods of research. Students have the advantage of collecting data by designing in-depth questionnaires which are designed precisely to gather both qualitative and quantitative data. Furthermore, the simplicity offered by internet software such as Google docs has made it easier for students to reach out to thousands of applicants willing to participate in the study. Customisation for survey design is also made available by this approach.
- Experimentation: Experimentation is the most reliable way of researching a phenomenon. A laboratory experiment allows students to collect data in the most scientific method. In this form of data collection, a hypothesis is constructed, which can be either established to be accurate or falsified. Students have full control over the environment, which makes the research more valid and reliable. As the student controls all extraneous factors, the chances or errors or the results being confounded are decreased. Thus, experimentation is known to be the most reliable method for data collection and research.
- Eclectic approach: Additionally, all the techniques above can be combined to build an eclectic approach for data collection. For instance, students can survey to filter our participants for experimentation. This approach offers the most validity.
The preceding techniques can be used in an isolated manner or can be combined to calculate and gather accurate and detailed data for an assigned project.